Monday 11 April 2011

Love Birds

Love Birds





Winning love is easily lost
The prices range some come with cost
Complacency’s a fractured joint
And contributes to broken hearts
By far my weakest point
A premature end to a terrible start

Using words I didn’t mean
Expressively serene
This machine was out of order
Though I never blow a fuse
My broken records bored her
Understandably bemused

Working from the bottom up
I’m finally in touch
Those mistakes are in the past
They will never rear their ugly head
Growing up I’m learning fast
I’ve changed my tune instead

I look outside to see a sign
Two acrobats are walking the line
Deep in thought I stop and pause
I’ll take a leaf from their book
My feathered friends get my applause
Their concept I have overlooked

A pair of Magpie’s stay together
Forge a bond that lasts forever








©M.D.Powell 21/02/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment