Monday 11 April 2011

One Last Time

One Last Time

I drank too much last night
I was wrong and you were right
This happens every time
It isn’t fair on you
My frustration and the drink combined
Shouldn’t mean taboo

Let’s talk about this openly
This subject isn’t closed
Darkness seems to shadow me
With compulsion unopposed
An intimidating figure
The alcohol’s a trigger

It is me who is talking
Though I have no control
Consumption is another thing
Not going down the hole
In hindsight now I’m sober
I hope I haven’t drove her

Away so far as tolerance
Will stretch before we break
I’m exhausting all your patience
And putting everything at stake

Chorus

I can only say I’m sorry
And forgive me one last time
My anxiety your worry
Shall be diminished from our minds

When I saw your eyes fill up
I knew then how I’d hurt you
You never ask too much
So this is what I’ll do
Starting with a hug
I am finished with this drug




©M.D.Powell 12/04/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment