Monday 11 April 2011

Olive Branch

Olive Branch


The argument we had
In retrospect was wrong
I feel really mad
At my twisted vicious tongue

I take back what I said
Please ignore those awful words
All my eyes could see were red
My anger made them blurred

Its no excuse I know
Both emotions were on show
Please forgive me one more chance
Dismiss my unconvincing stance

I defend when you attack
With a view that wasn’t strong
My odds are mainly stacked
Against me being wrong

Chorus

I’m offering you this olive branch
To save us from the Avalanche
Hold my hand so we don’t slide
Let’s fight instead to keep us alive

Every time we argue back
Each precious breath we waste
The fighting leaves a bitter taste
This heart we share will crack










©M.D.Powell 15/03/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment